What is The C.a.s.t.?
The first Collaborative Action Steering Team (CAST) was created during the initial planning and research stages of the 2012 Kingston Youth Strategy. The CAST is made up of a select group of youth, supported by adults, who are dedicated to making their community a place where collective impact is central to making the community more inclusive and accessible. The youth-serving organizations of Kingston and area have been actively working since the release of the 2012 Kingston Youth Strategy to better their collaborative practices in order to better serve our diverse community of youth and stakeholders in youth engagement.
In 2016, Youth 2 Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (Youth2KFLA) received funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation's Youth Opportunities Fund to broaden our impact to the communities of Frontenac County and the County of Lennox and Addington.
Currently, Youth2KFLA is working to lay the foundation for reflecting on the 2012 Kingston Youth Strategy with the goal of writing a 2020 KFL&A Youth Strategy in collaboration with youth and adult allies. The reinstating of the Collaborative Action Steering Team is the next major step to understanding current youths' perception of collective impact in their community and using this understanding to guide the future work for the 2020 KFL&A Youth Strategy.
the 2020 C.A.S.T.
- Living In Frontenac County
- Between the ages 12 - 24
- Currently (or within the last 3 years) connected to 1+ community organizations/services
- Want to share your ideas to benefit your community
- Wednesday May 6th - Deadline to fill out application on website.
- Week of May 11th - Virtual interviews
- One meeting per week for six weeks plus opportunities to connect with additional youth outside of meetings.
- Meetings are between 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Meetings will start in late May and be hosted virtually over Zoom.
- Possibility of further opportunities through participation in the CAST may be available
- Gift card compensation for your time
- Volunteer hours
- Meet new people
- Support positive, collective impact in your community